Monday, March 6, 2017

Coconut Bars with Blueberry Compote made with Zero added sugar!

My husband is on a diet that is doing wonders for him and there are set guidelines I follow each day for his meals. Every once in a while he's able to have a dessert, but there can be no added sugar.s, gluten, yeast , refined and bleached flours etc.  Well I found a recipe for coconut bars that followed what he was able to eat for the diet. I also made my own topping, and I will be sharing that with you as well.

First here is my recipe for the coconut bars.


1/4 cup Coconut oil 

1/2 cup Coconut flour

1/3 cup of honey
1/4 cup of unsweetened cashew milk 
2 eggs lightly beaten 
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract 
1/2 tsp of baking powder. 
Dark chocolate (optional) 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 pan with non stick spray. (I used coconut oil spray)
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and slowly add them to the liquid ingredients. Fold in the dark chocolate (optional) and bake for 20 minutes. 




For the Blueberry compote:


2 cups of blueberries

1.5 cups of Coconut water 
Cinnamon 
Nutmeg 
2 TBS of vanilla extract 
A pinch of ground ginger 
And a pinch of ground cloves 
Heat on medium heat and stir every few minutes. Once the the blueberries become soft reduce heat to low and cover for about 5-10 minutes. And there you have it! :)




Hope you enjoy this recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment